The time commitment required by your company varies between the Explore and Access programmes. Our team will advise you on the estimated number of hours per week that are required for mentoring, expert meetings and strategy sessions with the programme team.
Scaler8 Explore and Scaler8 Access: At least one of the founders or C-level executives should actively participate in the programme, together with a team member with significant business background and expertise.
As visa/immigration issues can vary according to your personal situation, we recommend that you obtain expert advice and/or contact the German Embassy in Singapore for further clarification on visa requirements.
We can provide recommendations to find an appropriate place but don’t provide accommodation.
The landing pads for the programme are designated to be in Berlin and Munich, but office arrangements in other cities can be discussed individually.
Our support for companies does not end once the programme duration is over. Our team can provide tailored advice on the supporting grants available to build on the momentum and initial traction achieved through Scaler8.
For companies that completed Scaler8 Explore, our specialists can design specific bridging support services for companies that require further assistance while getting ready for Scaler8 Access.
Our services are designed for Singapore startups and SMEs who have:
- Incorporated in Singapore with minimum 30% Singaporean/PR shareholding
- Existing product in the market with initial traction achieved OR Demonstrated successful clinical trials/partnerships in Singapore or other markets
- Sufficient resources to dedicate to the project execution, e.g. stable funding, cashflow, and human resources and time
As Scaler8 is supported by Enterprise Singapore, participants are given an immediate 70% subsidy on the cost of participation for the Explore and Access programmes. There are no additional forms or applications required for this grant for companies that are accepted into the programmes.
Each programme is priced separately:
- Scaler8 Explore: Reduced participation fee of S$3,000/company (excl GST) for the virtual 11-week programme. Companies have the option of paying an additional S$2,000/company* (excl GST) to participate in our physical market immersion trip to Germany once business travel can resume.
- Scaler8 Access: S$15,000/company* (excl GST)
*Subsidised price includes programme costs for a maximum of 2 participants per company. It excludes cost of travel, accommodation and meals. For Scaler8 Access, subsidised price includes office space.
No. We take no equity in your company.
Payment modes include bank transfer. More information will be provided upon confirmation of your application.
Full payment must be made within 5 working days from the invoice date indicated.
Refunds are not available.
As we work with limited startups, we encourage you to complete the application questionnaire as early as possible to secure your slot. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and we will respond to you via email within 3 working days of filling in the questionnaire to schedule a 1-on-1 meeting with your team.